With the holiday season fast approaching, what better time than to serve up this healthy gluten free meatballs appetizer? These delicious little meatballs are filled with bok choy, but nobody will know they are gluten free!
If you love bok choy, check out these delicious ways to fall in love with bok choy recipes!
This week I am excited because I have great plans for all of this lovely organic bok choy! I am starting to think about appetizers and holiday entertaining.
I just can't wrap my head around it. As my husband can testify, I am not typically a planner. I am the type to throw stuff in a suitcase clean or dirty at the last minute...usually, late the night before we leave. This drives him absolutely nuts.
But, one thing about blogging is learning to plan and think ahead....so here is my humble attempt to begin putting together great entertaining dishes for the holidays :-).
I gathered a lot of unique bok choy recipes so you can see how fun this vegetable can be!
It is easy to create an Asian recipe, but I want something a little more out of the box. If you love bok choy, you will want to try out this Bok Choy Deviled Eggs recipe too!
- Bok choy
- Olive oil
- Ground pork sausage
- Grass fed ground beef
- Gluten free panko crumbs
- Organic milk
- Greek yogurt
The star of this recipe is bok choy with some organic shallots that I also received in my farm box. Getting to choose what you get each week makes recipe planning so easy!
Before using the food processor, I cooked the shallot and bok choy to bring out their flavors more.
I still can't say enough about the immersion blender my husband bought me. This small food processor attachment is so easy to use, and much easier to get the ingredients out of than my Vitamix. (And for whatever reason, it is over 50% off right now on Amazon.)
The part I HATE....mixing everything by hand. If there is some kitchen gadget that would prevent me from having to mash all of teh meat ingredients by hand, please let me know!
I cook them to brown the outsides, then pop them into the oven.
More Delicious Appetizer Recipes to Try:
- 1 tablespoon chopped shallot
- 1 cup small head of bok choy, chopped
- 2 egg whites
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 pound ground pork sausage
- 1/2 pound grass fed ground beef
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon mint, dried
- 1/4 cup chopped cilantro
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon allspice
- 2/3 cup gluten free panko crumbs
- 1/4 cup organic milk
- 1/4 cup Greek yogurt
- Preheat oven to 350.
- In a pan, add 1 tablespoon olive oil and cook bok choy and shallot until tender.
- Add bok choy, garlic, shallot, cilantro, gluten free panko, milk, and Greek yogurt to a food processor. Grind until medium texture.
- In a large bowl, add meats, bok choy mixture, mint, cumin, salt, and all spice.
- Mix thoroughly.
- Heat remaining olive oil in a frying pan.
- Roll meat into meatballs and drop into the pan.
- Cook until all sides are browned.
- Remove meatballs onto a paper towel lined plate.
- Put meatballs onto a baking dish and bake at 350 for 10-15 minutes until cooked.
- Serve warm.
Feel free to use any ground meat you have on-hand to make these meatballs.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 24 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 107Total Fat: 8gSaturated Fat: 2gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 5gCholesterol: 21mgSodium: 236mgCarbohydrates: 3gFiber: 0gSugar: 1gProtein: 7g
Please note this nutrition information is calculated by a recipe plugin and is an estimate based on the ingredients used in this recipe.