Whether you are looking for sweet, savory or spicy Gluten Free Meatball Appetizers, then I have some ideas for you. Each tantalizing recipe is sure to impress you, your family and your friends! I love the bold, rich flavors that each dish provides.
Click for Table of Contents:
I can't wait to hear which of these healthy meatball appetizer ideas you tried!
Next time you are having a party or going to a potluck, you should whip up some hot and fresh meatballs. They will be the star of the meal, and you will be pleased by how easy they are to throw together. If you have a lot of other things going on, you can even make these ahead of time for a quick meal idea.
If you are like me, you do a lot of shopping for gluten free items at Walmart. They have a lot of variety, and their prices on gluten free items are so much cheaper than other stores.
Take a look at The Ultimate Walmart Gluten Free Shopping Guide for your next trip to the store. Trust me, when you know what you are looking for it can make your shopping experience much less stressful. If you are having a big party, it may make more sense to shop at Costco for easy gluten free ingredients in bulk!
Tips when cooking meatballs hors-d'oeuvers:
- You can use different types of protein when you are making meatballs. Turkey, beef, chicken, and pork are pretty popular choices.
- You always want to make sure that the meatballs are cooked all the way through before serving them. The easiest way is to use a meat thermometer and check the temperature. I prefer the taste and texture when they reach 165º F.
- Did you know there are many methods for cooking easy meatball appetizers? You can bake them, cook them on the stovetop, Instant Pot or even a slow cooker. Many recipes can be adapted to fit the method you prefer. No matter what, you are going to end up that that tangy goodness you can’t get enough of.
You can also try some of my other popular gluten free appetizer recipes if you want to serve more than just meatballs!
Best Ways to Cook Meatballs
- Hands down, one of my favorite ways to make meatballs in in an Instant Pot. Don’t own a pressure cooker yet and have no idea where to start? This Instant Pot is a life changer! You can program it to cook so many different foods like meatballs, soup, yogurt, and even baked potatoes.
- Often, you can make easy meatball appetizers right in your slow cooker. Take a look at this Crock Pot if you are shopping around. It has 7 quarts so you can serve lots of people. It also has a high, low and warm setting to fit what you are cooking. You will save time and have fewer dishes to wash, so that is a win-win!
- The Air Fryer is a good way to make meatballs that are juicy on the inside and slightly crisp on the outside! It cooks your meatballs in record time too!
What bread crumbs are gluten free?
You can use any gluten free bread crumbs you choose, but I wanted to tell you about my favorite ones. Ian’s breadcrumbs have a fantastic flavor and are easy to work with. Jeff Nathan Creations is another option for panko style bread crumbs. If you are like me, you like having several options around. Schar breadcrumbs taste so good that you won’t believe they are actually gluten free.
You can also make your own homemade Gluten Free Bread Crumbs at a fraction of the cost!
If you tried this recipe or any other recipe on my blog, please leave me a rating and a comment. I LOVE hearing from you!! You can also FOLLOW ME on Facebook, Instagram, or Pinterest to see even more delicious recipes!
Let's break down all of these deliciously easy meatball appetizers by meat type. Any of these gluten free meatballs recipes can be made with any meat, so if you like a recipe in the turkey meatball section, but you only have ground beef...you can easily use the ground beef!
Homemade gluten free turkey meatballs recipes that make perfect appetizers.
Chicken Meatballs that are not only gluten free, but incredible tasty juicy meatballs the whole family will love.
Juicy savory gluten free meatballs made with ground beef.
If you love the recipes you are finding on my blog, I would love for you to sign up for my newsletter (and get my free chocolate e-cookbook!)