Each year as soon as it starts to warm up, I get a craving for this delicious rainbow chard curried tuna salad. It is like summer and the ever-popular tuna salad just go hand in hand. This really is the best tuna fish salad recipes I have ever tasted.
Crunchy sunflower seeds, rainbow chard, sweet raisins, tuna, creamy mayo with curry makes this tuna salad extraordinary. Don’t get me wrong, traditional tuna fish salad has a time and place, but I can’t get enough of these heavenly flavors. Once you find out how to make good tuna salad, I am pretty sure you will feel the same as I do.
If you are new to gluten free living, don’t forget to check out my Guide to Gluten Free Living as a resource to help you navigate the best ways to eat and stay safe.
Hidden Veggies in Foods
You know how much I love to add hidden veggies to many of my recipes. This rainbow chard curried tuna salad isn’t any different. My family will gobble up every bite and not think twice about it. (Okay, maybe not my picky one, but everyone else loves this tuna salad recipe!
Serve it on some gluten free sourdough bread, and you and your kids will be excited to chow down!
Another thing that is important to me is not wasting food. As you already know, food can be costly and to just throw things out makes me cringe. So, I like to find new and exciting ways to include foods many people don’t like to eat.”
For example, I know most people don’t like Swiss Chard. Chard is so full of nutrients I can’t bear to toss it aside. Instead of using celery, I decided to use the brightly colored rainbow chard stems. The color is gorgeous, and it really enhances the dish!
More ideas of what to serve with curried tuna salad would be:
- Vegetables – Serve with radishes, carrots, celery or any other veggie you love.
- Lettuce – Pick your favorite lettuce and place a dollop on top of a leaf. You can wrap it up and enjoy a refreshing light lunch.
- Chips – Everything tastes good with chips. Yum!
- French Fries – These delicious crispy baked french fries with curry dipping sauce are the perfect compliment.
If you are ready to eat other salads, you should try these!
- Quick And Easy Tuna Avocado Salad
- Kid-Friendly Kale Salad With Apples
- Easy Grilled Chicken Salad With Citrus Vinegarette
- Curried Chicken Salad With Black Grapes
Fun Ways To Use Swiss Chard
Eating swiss chard in the best tuna salad recipe happened by chance. I had some stems and just thought I would give it a shot. Goodness, that was a great idea! Here are some other fun ideas for you to use swiss chard.
- Sauteed – Chop chard into small pieces and add it to other veggies and sautee in oil. So good!
- Pickled – You will be surprised to know that you can pickle chard stems and it is incredible. Give it a try. Besides, isn’t everything better when it’s pickled?
- Wraps – You aren’t living until you bite into a wrap with swiss chard leaves. This would actually go perfectly with the curried tuna salad.
- Creamed – If you have made creamed spinach, you can make creamed swiss chard. It is so yummy. Just make sure to use gluten free ingredients.
Is Swiss Chard The Same Thing As Spinach?
No, swiss chard and spinach aren’t the same things. Although, they are very similar to each other. Swiss chard, spinach, and beets are all in the same family, so they can often be confused with one another.
Swiss chard is also called spinach beet, silverbeet, crab beet, and a few other names. The great news it is nutritious and low calorie just like spinach.
- Rainbow Chard
- Sunflower seeds
- Curry powder
Are you ready to make this curried tuna salad recipe?
Add the shredded carrots, chopped rainbow chard stems, sunflower seeds, and tuna to a bowl.
Add in the mayonnaise, curry powder, and salt/pepper. Mix well.
Serve over chopped Swiss Chard leaves, salad, or in a sandwich with gluten free bread.
Optional Tips to Customize Your Salad:
This is the best tuna salad recipe ever, but if you are like me you will want to make a few adjustments sometimes. Here are some yummy ideas to try:
- Grapes – Add a little bit of extra sweetness with grapes.
- Green Onions – Dice up some green onions and toss in for an extra kick.
- Eggs – Boil some eggs, chop up and toss in.
Looking for more lunch ideas? Here are some mouthwatering recipes to check out:
- Gluten Free Grilled Cheese Sandwich With Apples, Brie, and Bacon
- Roasted Red Pepper Italian Panini Grill Sandwich
- 15-Minute Shrimp Fra Diavolo With Zucchini Noodles
- Vegan Buddha Bowl
- 1/4 cup chopped Swiss Chard stems
- 2 cans tuna fish (packed in water, drained)
- 3 tablespoons scallions
- 3 tablespoons sunflower seeds
- 1/4 cup raisins
- 1/3 cup shredded carrots
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 2 teaspoons curry powder
- salt/pepper to taste
- Add all ingredients to a large bowl and mix well.
- Serve chilled over lettuce, Swiss Chard leaves, or in a sandwich.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 4 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving:Calories: 276 Total Fat: 16g Saturated Fat: 3g Trans Fat: 0g Unsaturated Fat: 13g Cholesterol: 42mg Sodium: 803mg Carbohydrates: 11g Fiber: 2g Sugar: 7g Protein: 22g
More Delicious Gluten Free Recipes to Try: