What happens when a group of Bay Area Food Bloggers arrange an online dinner party?
Add in a rule that a component in your dish must come from a local Bay Area farmer’s market?
You get a fabulous menu to try in your own home. And even better? The whole menu is gluten free!!
Let me introduce you to the bloggers who helped create this wonderful dinner party and menu for tonight.
Vanilla Bean Infused Cheesecake with Peaches in a Dark Rum Sauce by yours truly, Fearless Dining.
When I saw these fresh juicy peaches at the Campbell Farmer’s Market, I knew this was the special item from the farmer’s market that I had to create a dessert with.
For a few weeks now I had promised my kids a cheesecake. This is one of their very favorite desserts. To me, cheesecakes are a splurge dessert. An entertain friends dessert. They are rich and heavy, but incredibly satisfying. The crust is all nut protein, not only making this whole dessert gluten free, but it also helps balance out a little of the sugar in this dessert.
When I told my kids I was finally making them a cheesecake, they ran around doing the happy dance all over the house .
I hope you are enjoying the recipes and blog posts from the Farmer’s Market Dinner Party. If you have any questions about any of the menu items, feel free to leave a comment on that blogger’s post.
Now you just need to pick the perfect night to make this for your family, or special guests!
- 4 packages of cream cheese (use regular, not light), room temperature
- 4 large eggs
- 3/4 cup milk
- 1 1/4 cups sugar
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 large vanilla bean pod
- 1/4 cup Pamela's Artisan Flour Blend
- 1 cup almond meal
- 1/2 cup toasted pecan pieces
- 1/4 cup Nutiva Organic Coconut Sugar
- 2 tablespoons of melted butter
- 5 ripe peaches, sliced into wedges
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil
- 2 tablespoons dark rum
- 1/2 cup coconut sugar
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- With a mixer, mix cream cheese, sour cream, milk, and sugar until creamy.
- With a knife, slice vanilla bean lengthwise. Scrape all seeds into the cream cheese mixture.
- Add gluten free flour.
- Mix well.
- Spray a Leakproof Springform Pan with coconut oil.
- In a medium bowl, combine all crust ingredients.
- Pour into the bottom of the spring form pan and then spread to cover the bottom of the pan.
- Press lightly to make it firm.
- Put a big piece of aluminum foil under the pan and fold up along the pan. This will help prevent leaks.
- Heat coconut oil in a pan on medium low heat. Add peaches, dark rum, and coconut sugar.
- Cook until peaches soften slightly.
- Pour cream cheese mixture on top of the crust mixture (in the spring form pan.)
- Place spring form pan, with foil bottom into a larger pan filled with 1 inch of water.
- Bake at 350 for one hour. Turn off the heat and let the cheesecake sit in the oven for another 30 minutes with the door closed.
- Remove cheesecake from the oven.
- Cover the top of the pan with foil and allow to cool in the refrigerator.
- When the cheesecake is cooled, arrange peaches on top and drizzle the dark rum sauce on top of the cheesecake.
Curious to see what the other group of Bay Area Food Bloggers came up with for their menu?
Eggplant Pesto Parmesan Casserole by The Whimpy Vegetarian
Summer Vegetarian Stir Fry by Peanut Butter and Peppers
Heirloom Tomato Cake by Zebot’s Kitchen
Peachy Keen Ice Cream Sandwiches by Fork & Swoon
Shared with Gluten Free Wednesdays,